T’ai Chi and Chi Gong were developed over generations and treasured for their health benefits. Modern scientific research is increasingly turning to investigate the effects of T’ai Chi in various conditions. To date research has confirmed that T’ai Chi’s effects include:
- Improved balance and reduced incidence of falls among the elderly
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved sleep quality
- Enhanced immune response
- Slowed reduction of bone density, protecting against osteoporosis
- Increased Heart Rate Variability, as effective as brisk walking.
- Improved mobility and decreased pain where there is osteoarthritis of the knee
- Aided blood sugar regulation in type 2 diabetes.
- Reduced stress and improved psychological well-being
For more detailed information please visit the JCM research archive at https://www.jcm.co.uk/news/tai-chi442764/