More support, more opportunities, more fun.
Membership of the TAO gives you huge advantages beyond the local club:
- Your local instructor has continuing training, support and supervision to give you a richer and safer experience
- Every student poses new challenges to an Instructor – if they need help they have the Technical Director to advise them.
- Your progress is regularly assessed (free of charge) and these assessments are independently verified by the Technical Director to ensure our TAO quality standards are of the highest.
- You have additional training opportunities to help you progress
- Full days of training on our weekend courses with senior instructors give you the time to develop your skills. Training fees for members are substantially cheaper.
- Our residential courses are available in the UK, France and Germany. These courses are for members only and allow you to train in beautiful surroundings, undistracted by everyday responsibilities.
- You may purchase specialist training merchandise, not available to the general public.
- The TAO has a steadily extending library of print and DVD resources to help both students & instructors.
- The TAO can supply members with martial arts clothing and equipment at competitive prices.
- Join our family
- TAO members come from various walks of life and may have very different outlooks. However they come together because of a mutual interest and through the shared experience of training they form bonds of friendship.
- We are run by our committee for our members; you can attend the AGM and have your say in how we are run.